Monday, June 01, 2009

IRADJ MOINI Gemstone Necklace and Pin Combo|Amazing Adornments.com Jewel of the Month ~ June 2009

Statement Making Natural Gemstone Necklace from Iradj Moini

Warning! This necklace is not for the faint of heart.

First I should say, this is more than a necklace. Okay, you can see that; however the fabo gem studded clasp can be removed and worn as a pin! That is like having two Moini pieces.



Iradj Moini Necklace and Pin Combo
Click
on the image for a larger view and description.



Iradj Moini Pin from Necklace This
is the brooch removed from the necklace. Additional views available at our
web store.


Iradj Moini is probably one of the most sought after contemporary designers that I can think of. I read somewhere that he trained as an architect. Well, I think his pieces have the type of imaginative structural aspects not seen in others pieces. This also goes to show that nothing you learn is wasted! You can see he is not shy and he does have an eye for scale and beautiful designs. His jewelry is all hand- crafted and because of this even if the design is the same,
the piece never is.


I swear the largest genuine amethyst stone is the size of a potato! It is over 30mm! Wowie!


The metal is the typical distressed gold- plated found on many of his pieces. His jewelry sells as better
department stores and he has quite a celebrity following. He also designed
jewelry for Oscar de la Renta, Arnold Scaasi and more.


No, this necklace/pin combo might be for everyone, but I must say it feels and looks great on. As large in scale as it is, it is balanced and does not overpower. I am a petite lady who usually does not wear jewelry this outsized. I also do not try most jewelry that I intend to sell on, unless I need to know where or how the a piece will fall at the neckline or for example, if an earring clip will hold onto the ear lobe. I am always afraid that I will fall in love with the piece and never let it go! I did put this one on for a minute, I wanted to keep it!

©
All Rights Reserved

No comments: