Sunday, January 02, 2011

Vintage Schreiner Three Piece Rhinestone Parure|Amazing Adornments Jewel of the Month|January 2011


Click to Visit Amazing Adornments Store



Vintage Schreiner Rhinestone Set

Amazing Adornments is pleased to present this Schreiner three piece parure as our first Jewel of the Month for 2011! 


Henry Schreiner's designs are beyond
compare. Techniques were used that are so distinctive that many unsigned pieces can be attributed fairly easily.
  


Schreiner Rhinestone Parure
Click
on the image for a larger view and description

Schreiner Rhinestone Parure



You can tell before you look for the
signature plaque, that this copper and blue rhinestone set is high quality. The stones have so much clarity and they themselves are high end. The next thing I noticed was the wire over technique used on the earrings to give them dimension. 
When I saw the extender chain, with the links separated by rhinestones, I almost lost my breath as I had a feeling it was a Shcreiner set.



Another technique to look for is the use of rhinestones that are set inverted. I have heard this was supposed to enhance sparkle. I think this is interesting since the stones are so sparkly in the first place!


Schreiner never mass produced jewelry so each piece is distinctive. Purchasing Schreiner pieces is an investment, but one that will pay off!  The pieces are pricey now with reason, and should continue to climb.


It is also possible to find unsigned
Schreiner pieces. On this above set, the hallmark appears only on the bracelet.

If this set gets broken up after sale, the necklace and earrings without a
hallmark could re- enter the secondary market. They could wind up in the hands on someone who was unfamiliar with Schreiner techniques and although beautiful could sell them as unsigned. You can image the difference in price!  I always say, keep the sets together!!



Unsigned Schreiner Rhinestone Necklace
Example of Unsigned Schreiner Necklace with Rhinestone Chain.

Some of the most interesting color combinations can be found on Schreiner pieces sometimes with unusual art glass stones.  


His pieces have been worn by starlets. I read somewhere that Marilyn Monroe wore them, but I cannot be sure about that.  


Every time I do mange to find a
Schreiner piece, it reminds me of the keystone or ruffle brooch that got away! I was bidding at an online auction sight and just as I was ready to enter my rather high bid, my internet connection failed! The darn pin went for $129.49! I would easily have been the winner. If you try to purchase one of these on eBay(when you can find them) you can pay anywhere from $200.00 to $600.00+!!!  l still cannot get over this and it happened over two years ago!



I always keep my eyes open for jewelry produced by this exceptional designer and hope to find many more including the famous ruffle pin to bring to you during 2011! 


Happy New Year to all of you!


©All Rights Reserved

No comments: