Monday, April 02, 2012

DeLizza and Elster Pink Easter Egg Demi-parure|Amazing Adornments.com Jewel of the Month


Click to Visit Amazing Adornments Store



Vintage DeLizza and Elster Pink Easter Egg Demi- parure


It was about ten years ago when I decided that I wanted to sell costume rather than precious gems.


The decision was fairly easy for me as I am not a gemologist, nor did I think I had time to take classes. Also, the cost of the buying real jewels for resale items was prohibitive.


Well, little did I know that  some costume pieces can be just as expensive as the real thing. You certainly get
more elaborate pieces for your money however.



This dreamy DeLizza and Elster Juliana set is one of many in the famous "Easter Egg" line.
     
Click on the image for a larger view and description
Vintage DeLizza and Elster Easter Egg Set


The Easter Egg pieces came in a variety of styles utilizing a combination of
rhinestones. I mostly see the fall shades, but I have also seen them in blue and
purple.
 


Some of the styles date back to the early 1960s and a full parure can cost over
$2000.00! Yup, I could buy at least one piece of real jewelry right? But then again, what fun would that be??



The set above is in gold- tone metal. The central stone is white with blue,
pink, green and purple texturing. I always thought they looked as if an artist
randomly splattered paint on them. In her fabulous and helpful book, Juliana Jewelry Reference, Ann Pitman describes them in a similar fashion.



The stone, while called an Easter Egg by most, is actually called a Stippled
Cabochon by the company.



As you can see the aurora borealis rhinestones coordinate with the central stone to perfection!


The brooch doubles as a pendant for versatility and the earrings are the clip-
on type.



©All Rights Reserved

No comments: