Sunday, April 16, 2006

Fraud on the Internet - JEWELRY SITE OWNERS BEWARE

4/16/2006 12:12:53 PM

This posting is a warning to all that own on-line vintage costume jewelry, antique jewelry or any other type of jewelry web-sites, private or otherwise.

I am sure you know that there are some really unscrupulous people doing business on the web! Or should I say the Wild, Wild West! I thought I had seen it all.

A few months ago a member of a costume jewelry group I belong to was informed that someone lifted her entire hallmark page and copied it to their web page. We found out that this same person had lifted more than just that information. She had also copied a popular jewelry glossary almost verbatim! How low can someone go?

Last night I was informed that a site, I shall not name here, lifted some of my testimonials. I have back up for every testimonial on my site.

I do not use names in my testimonials, just the city, state or country the writer is from. This person took my testimonials, added a bogus name and city and is calling them her or his own! One instance might be a coincidence, however this person lifted several! What are the odds that people from different parts of the world would say the EXACT same thing in their testimonials? Really, really long if you ask me!

What bothers me the most is that visitors at this persons site will have no way of knowing that the at least some of the testimonials are bogus. If a person will steal someone else’s positive responses from clients what else will they do? Would you want to buy jewelry from someone who was dishonest about what customers had to say about their jewelry shop?

Okay enough of that. If you want the link to this person’s site, please email me at:

carolyn@amazingadornments.com

No comments: