Friday, September 23, 2005

We Lost a Gem Yesterday

Yesterday morning I awoke at my usual early hour. I made my coffee and set out to do my usual checking of email, my eBay auctions and my web site. Just another day.

I belong to several jewelry groups and I always love to read the mails that come in overnight. Our members are from all over the world so when I close my business for the day, some are just starting their day.

One of the members of my Jewel Collect group had recently been ill. We were told it was a sinus infection. Some of the members of the group noted that her emails were getting confusing, but we let it go at that.

This particular member never made a newbie line me feel like my questions were stupid. She always had a joke or words of encouragement for everyone. And now she is gone.

Carol L. Spigner, 52, died Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2005. She was a vintage costume jeweler and operated an online business called The Junkyard Jeweler.

It was not just another day! I never met Carol but her death still touched me deeply. Carol, you will be missed!

http://www.amazingadornments.com

No comments: