Sunday, April 30, 2006

My D&E Juliana Butterfly that Almost Flew Away!



I have a really funny tale about the clear rhinestone butterfly brooch shown. I knew when I won a tray of jewels a few months ago at an auction, that this clear rhinestone brooch was one of the standout pieces. It is well constructed and in great shape.

I sell on eBay as well as my own online shop. I usually sell items on eBay such as my Sarah Coventry jewelry which I manage to get a lot of. I also sell many of my unsigned costume jewelry. I tend to stay away from selling high-end pieces there. I do not like selling with a reserve and at least for me, if I start the bidding too high, the piece sits there. I don’t want to sell any high end jewelry for less than it is worth so I put these jewels on my website.

After thinking it over and taking into consideration the price of the lot I won, I decided to sell this butterfly on eBay even although I knew it was pretty special.

I listed it with an opening bid of $9.99. It ended with one watcher and no bids. Oh my!

I kept looking at the piece and the more I did I became convinced it was De Lizza and Elster. I belong to a group called Discovering Juliana Jewelry, so I decided to send an image to see what they all thought.

It turns out that my clear rhinestone butterfly brooch that received no bids on eBay was confirmed by Mr. De Lizza as one of theirs! Needless to say, I did not re-list it on eBay! I know I could have and put in the listing that is was confirmed D&E, however they had their chance at a steal and they blew it! LOL!!! Needless to say, I am thrilled to still have this beautiful, confirmed
Juliana butterfly!

www.amazingadornments.com

No comments: